A man was found shot to death in a parking lot in east Charlotte on Thursday evening, August 20, 2026, after Charlotte-Mecklenburg police responded to a welfare check. The incident remains under investigation, and no arrest had been announced in the latest police update.
Police said officers were conducting a welfare check around 6:30 p.m. near Milton Road and North Sharon Amity Road when they discovered the man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. Charlotte Fire Department personnel pronounced him dead at the scene.
Investigators said the shooting followed some type of altercation between two people. Authorities had not determined whether the individuals knew each other, and police had not released a motive.
Charlotte Shooting Investigation
The investigation is being handled by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department. Detectives are working to establish what happened before the shooting and identify the person responsible.
No suspect had been publicly identified or arrested at the time of the latest report. Authorities are expected to provide additional information as the investigation develops.
The shooting occurred in east Charlotte amid an ongoing focus on violent crime investigations across the city. Residents with information about the case are encouraged to contact CMPD.
This is a developing story. Further details about the victim’s identity, the circumstances of the shooting and any potential arrest will be reported when officially confirmed by authorities.